Free global service formally launches after two years of development
Toronto, Canada and Atlanta, USA, November 12, 2019 – Veterans Media Corporation Inc. (www.veteranstelevision.com), the first and only global media platform for veterans and first responders, has relaunched The Veterans Channel – an on-demand and free video-streaming service where veterans and first responders can educate and uplift one other.
The Veterans Channel is a network where veterans and first responders from around the world and from all branches of service can share their experiences and their challenges in a way that is true, honest, and authentic.
Veterans Media Corporation (VMC) soft-launched The Veterans Channel in January 2018 with original programming that quickly attracted hundreds of thousands of viewers in 42+ countries.
Original series to date include:
• Transitioned: This series documents the paths forged by service men and women as they transition back to civilian life and find purpose beyond their military duty. Show host Marc Wicks is a former Royal Marine Commando and a Member of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire (MBE).
• Riding with Heroes: Host Paul “Trapper” Cane combines his passions for motorcycling and modern military history to travel North America and interview veterans about unheard stories of heroism. He is a former infantryman and paratrooper with the Canadian Armed Forces and a Knight in The Order of St. George.
• 16:20: Men and women who fought battles across the world share how modern alternative methods of healing have helped them to fight their personal battles with pain and trauma.
• Veteran Retreats: This series also follows veterans on their journeys to healing, through retreats that help them to reconnect with themselves and find a path forward through discovery, adventure and fellowship.
A unique forum, founded from personal experience
“What makes The Veterans Channel unique is that it is veterans telling their stories, not the public or the mainstream media,” said Henah Hannah, Founder and Chair of VMC. “The result is authentic content that enables veterans to support and inspire each other and show the rest of the world how much of an asset they can be in their civilian lives to a community or an employer.”
Hannah founded VMC in response to her experiences with a loved one – a veteran who struggles with PTSD. She greatly values the support they found through the veteran community.
“A common thread links these men and women and their families around the world – regardless of which uniform they wear or once wore,” she said. “They collectively suffer emotional, physical, mental, and spiritual wounds, but they also collectively lend a hand to help one another. VMC exists to support that.”
Pending launch of The Veterans Lifestyle App
In early 2020, VMC will complement The Veterans Channel with the Veterans Lifestyle App, powered by BeMotion.
Veterans Lifestyle App will provide veterans and first responders with:
• A mobile link to The Veterans Channel programming
• Discounts and privileges on a variety of products and services that are relevant to veterans and first responders
• A marketplace to find customers and self-promote, for veterans and first responders who have started their own businesses
• Feature articles and event updates
• Access to career opportunities
The Veterans Channel and forthcoming The Veterans Lifestyle App are funded by sponsors and advertisers so that their programming and services can be offered to veterans and first responders, their families, and interested members of the public at no charge.
Veterans Media Corporation provides veterans and first responders all over the world and from all branches of service with online and mobile platforms through which they can educate, edify and uplift one another—at no cost to them. VMC’s The Veterans Channel delivers original programming that provides a trusted outlet where veterans’ voices are heard, embraced, and valued for their unique perspectives. A variety of other pre-qualified services will be delivered through VMC’s The Veterans Lifestyle App. VMC is supported by third-party advertisers and sponsors and invests all profits back into expanding its programming and services. It has offices in Toronto, Ontario, Canada and Atlanta, Georgia, USA.