Filling the Void:
The transition from the military to civilian sector to forge a second career is a daunting experience. Having spent a career in a close knit and professional environment, being part of a team/unit and having a purpose to then wondering how you will now fit within society is known as an identity crisis.
There are a lot of parallels between Military veterans, Professional sports personalities and Entrepreneurs as all are driven and motivated individuals with ambition. Although diverse backgrounds they have similar mindset.
“Filling the void” is a documentary series that will share stories and experiences from men and women who have made that leap from military and sporting sector to a second career. Organisation and corporates that support the transition process will be interviewed along with successful entrepreneurs to offer useful advice for not only those leaving the military but all who watch the show.
The purpose of the documentary series is to identify that there are a number of transferrable skills sets veterans have for second careers, this with their mindset make them attractive to corporate organisations and employees. This also will give the general public an insight into the military mindset and a better understanding of what drives us as individuals.
Filling the Void chronicles exemplary stories of those interviewed now successful in their second careers to become entrepreneurs, authors, actors, motivational speakers, athletes, leaders, CEOs etc.
Note: Filling the void will also focus on current affairs or situations that are of public interest.
Audience and Genre:
- Retired Servicemen and women
- Active duty servicemen and women that are transitioning out of the military.
- Men and women in the Armed forces who are planning to retire and transfer out of the military.
- Retired Sporting personalities
- Sports men and women currently active in their chosen sport.
- Men and women in the military and sporting sector wanting to understand what transition looks like.
- Career guidance counsellors, advisors and organisations that are employed to assist in the military to civilian transition program.
- Families of military men and women and sporting personalities
- Corporates, organisations and employees looking to recruit former military or sporting sector individuals for a better understanding of their mindsets and previous experience.
- General public concerned with a general interest in the military and sporting community.
- Younger audience with aspirations for a life in the military or sporting sector.
- Adventure Enthusiasts.